Cinnamic aldehyde, also known as Phenyl allyl aldehyde, has a strong special odor of Cinnamon oil and charred fragrance. It is widely used in flavors, pharmaceuticals, daily chemicals, feed, papermaking and food processing, and is also an important organic synthesis intermediate. Cinnamic aldehyde exists in Cinnamon oil in nature. It industrially produced by condensation of benzaldehyde and acetaldehyde.
1.Application in Fragrance and Flavor
Cinnamic aldehyde has a good fragrance holding effect. It is used as the raw material in the perfuming to make the aroma of the main spices more fragrant.
For example, adding edible Cinnamic aldehyde in soap essence can make essences of hyacinth, Cape jasmine, jasmine, lily of the valley, rose and so on. These essences are widely used in soaps, laundry powder and shampoo.
In food, Cinnamic aldehyde can be used to make fruit essences such as apple and cherry essences, which can be used in candy, ice cream, beverage, gum, cake and tobacco.
2.Application in daily chemicals
1) Skin care products
Cinnamic aldehyde can promote blood circulation, warm the skin and tighten skin tissue. It is often used in massage fluid and beauty products.
2) Oral care products
Cinnamic aldehyde can be used not only to modulate all kinds of flavor, but also to sterilize and deodorize the mouth. It is often used in toothpaste, gum, breath freshener and other oral care products.
Cinnamic aldehyde used in gum can both sterilize and deodorize the mouth.
3.Application in the field of food additives
Cinnamic aldehyde, as a food mildew inhibitor, is non-toxic or low toxic to human body. It plays a strong inhibitory effect on the reproduction of microorganisms. At the concentration of 25 * 10-4, there are strong antibacterial effects on Aspergillus flavus, Aspergillus niger, Paecilomyces citrinum, Fusarium moniliforme, Alternaria, Geotrichum candidum, and Yeast.
Different from sodium benzoate, the application of Cinnamic aldehyde is not affected by the pH value of the product itself. It has a strong bactericidal and disinfection function under acidic or alkaline conditions.
The Cinnamic aldehyde is used as the anti-mildew agent and the fresh-keeping agent of the food, and can also change the taste to stimulate consumption.
4.Application in Chemical Industry
1) It is used in the synthesis of α-bromocinnaaldehyde, cinnamic acid, cinnamyl alcohol, cinnamonitrile and other products.
2) It can also be used as a chromogenic agent.
3) It is used as insecticide, anophelifuge, refrigerator deodorant, antistaling agent, etc.
4) Cinnamic aldehyde can also be used as biocide-algaecide and acidizing corrosion inhibitor in oil exploitation, which can significantly increase oil production, improve oil quality and reduce production cost.
5) Gum containing Cinnamic aldehyde and other active plant extract can be used as functional health food.
6) Cinnamic aldehyde is used as bird repellent colloid.