- What is Hydrogenated terpene resins/polyterpene resins?
Hydrogenated terpene resins are made from the hydrogenation of polyterpene resins derived from gum turpentine oil obtained from pine tree. Gum turpentine mainly includes terpene monomers α-pinene,β-pinene, limonene/dipentene andδ-3-carene. There are mainly three types of hydrogenated terpene resins: Hydrogenated terpene resin/polymer, hydrogenated terpene phenol resin and Hydrogenated Aromatic Modified Terpene Resin.
They are transparent and widely compatible with various polymers, imparting excellent heat resistance, tack, and peel adhesion to PSA‘s and hot melt adhesives. Due to the high technical requirements and high cost level, there are very few suppliers in worldwide so far. We are exclusive supplier in China.
- What are the characteristics and benefits of Hydrogenated terpene resins?
- Bio-renewable: Compared with other hydrogenated tackifying resins groups (hydrogenated rosin resins and hydrogenated hydrocarbon resins), Hydrogenated terpene resins possess the highest amount of bio-renewable content.
- Excellent transparency, water-white and odorless
- High thermal stability and low-temperature resistance: They are very stable in different weathers and operation temperature, not easy to aging or brittling.
- Compatible with a wide range of elastomers and polymers: SIS, SBS, SEPS, SEBS, EVA, urethanes, acrylics, polybutadiene, polyisoprene, Metallocene polyethylene, cycloolefin and etc.
- Strong adhesion to surfaces like: Rubbers, plastics, metals, glass, coatings, woods and etc.
- Quick-drying: high hardness, strong cohesion, long opening time.
- Wettability, flow, moldability and leveling properties: uniform diffusion, short-curing time.
- Aging resistance, UV resistance
- Others: insulating, thermal conductivity, good water-resistance and optical properties.
- How many grades does FOREVEREST supply?
|Code||CAS No||Chemical Name||Appearance||Softening Point||Color||Packing|
|HTR105||106168-39-2||Hydrogenated Terpene Resin||Flake||95-105||Hazen 50max||25kgs kraft paper bags|
|HTR115||106168-39-2||Hydrogenated Terpene Resin||Flake||105-115||Hazen 50max||25kgs kraft paper bags|
|HTR125||106168-39-2||Hydrogenated Terpene Resin||Flake||115-125||Hazen 50max||25kgs kraft paper bags|
|HTP105||1254557-84-0||Hydrogenated Terpene Phenolic Resin||Flake||95-105||Hazen 150max||25kgs kraft paper bags|
|HTP115||1254557-84-0||Hydrogenated Terpene Phenolic Resin||Flake||105-115||Hazen 150max||25kgs kraft paper bags|
|HTP125||1254557-84-0||Hydrogenated Terpene Phenolic Resin||Flake||115-125||Hazen 150max||25kgs kraft paper bags|
- Is there any other supplier of Hydrogenated terpene resins in worldwide?
Due to the high technical requirements and high cost level, there are very few suppliers in worldwide so far. We are exclusive supplier in China. As we know, Yasuhara Chemical in Japan is the earliest supplier of hydrogenated terpene resins. Our current grades are alternatives to CLEARON P series and YS POLYSTER UH.
- Compared with other types of hydrogenated tackifiers, what are the advantages of Hydrogenated terpene resins?
|Advantages over hydrogenated rosin resins||Advantages over Hydrogenated hydrocarbon resins|
|1. lighter color;
2. Higher tack and cohesion;
3. better stability and color retention, UV resistance;
4. better aging resistance;
5. higher SP and tg
6. wider compatibility, especially for hydrogenated terpene phenolic resin
|1. low-or-no VOC;
2. adhere well to various surfaces;
3. Bio-renewable, environmentally Friendly;
4. Higher SP and tg
5. wider compatibility, especially for hydrogenated terpene phenolic resin
6. Wider usability
- What are the main applications of Hydrogenated terpene resins?
|Hydrogenated Terpene Polymers HTR105, HTR115,HTR125||A. Optical pressure-sensitive adhesive, UV adhesive, hot-melt adhesive, especially for natural and synthetic rubber-based adhesives
B. Optical resins, photocurable resin
C. Polymer modifier to improve flow, optical
D. Soldering flux
|a) Medical: Medical adhesive patch…
b) Electronics: Optical acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive tape for crystal display devices assembly, Soft photo-curable resin filled between touch panel and a display element…
c) Cosmetics: mascara…
d) Automobile: automobile lamp assembly…
|Hydrogenated Terpene Phenolic Resins HTP105, HTP115,HTP125||A. Pressure-sensitive adhesive, UV adhesive
B. Optical resins
C. Polymer modifier
|a) Automobile: protective film for OA equipment, automotive coating..
b) Electronics: double-side adhesive sheet for fixing liquid crystal display panel holding flexible printed circuits with backlit panel frame…
c) Glass, plastic, rubber, coating, paints, inks…