Products & Informations
Tung oil, also known as China Wood Oil, Lumbang oil, Noix d’abrasin (fr.) or simply wood oil, is made from the seed kernels of the Tung tree (Aleurites fordii and Aleurites montana, family Euphorbiaceae).
Tung oil was used as a preservative for wood ships. The oil penetrates the wood, then hardens to form an impermeable hydrophobic layer (repels water) up to 5 mm into the wood. As a preservative it is effective for exterior work above and below ground, but the thin layer makes it less useful in practice.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- used as a preservative for wood ships
- drying oil for wood finishing
- used as film forming material and modified the phenolic Resin
- accentuates the texture and grain of the wood
- easy to apply (rub on, rub off)
- easy to re-apply if the original finish becomes worn or damaged
- flexible. Oil finishes continue to protect as the wood expands and contract
- non-toxic and food-safe
- resistant to acetone
- resistant to alcohol
- resistant to fruit acids and vegetable acids
- very forgiving during application
- waterproof, at least highly water resistant on a well maintained surface
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 190kg net each, 80 drums per 20′ ft container
- IBC Drum, 950l net each as client required
- containers which are opened must be carefully resealed and kept upright to prevent leakage
- keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place
- store in cool place
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.