Products & Informations
Abietic acid is a white resinous powder. It takes rosin as raw material, after a series of distillation, the residual liquid of turpentine oil is steamed out, then filter it at 210℃ or so and cool and crystallize to get the finished product. Abietic acid is widely used in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry and used as a pesticide emulsifier, textile sizing agent, construction material lubricant, plastic, rubber plasticizer, paint drier in various fields.
APPLICATIONS & USES
1. used as epoxy and petrochemical curing agents.
2. used as pharmaceutical intermediates used in antibacterial, anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-carcinogen etc.
3. used as a starting material in the total synthesis of:
• (−)-triptonide and (−)-triptolide as potent antitumor and immunosuppressant agents;
• quinone (−)-12-deoxyroyleanone as antileishmanial agent;
• abietic acid-derived catechol (methyl 11,12-dihydroxyabietate-8,11,13-trien-18-oate, MDTO) as a potential antioxidant agent;
• Epoxidation with MCPBA.
4. used as surfactant and emulsion stabilizer in cosmetics
5. used as polymerization emulsifier for styrene butadiene rubber and chloroprene rubber after sodium hydroxide saponification. It also can be used as rubber plasticizer, adhesive, high-grade paper on the adhesive and gum ingredients.
1. Easy to be oxidized
2.There is a gap in the solubility of different Alcohols solvent, and to be listed in descending order by solubility: Butanol + Propyl Alcohol >Anhydrous Ethanol > Methanol.
Package: 25kg fiber drum net each, Vacuum-packed
Storage: in low temperature, dry warehouse.
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.