Products & Informations
Dihydromyrcenol appears liquid with lavender odor, and it smells similar as lemon.
There are two preparation methods. One is to chlorinate Dihydromyrcene, and then be hydrolyzed in alkaline water. The other process is esterifying Dihydromyrcene by acetic acid or formic acid, and then produce Dihydromyrcenol through saponification and hydrolysis under the alkaline condition. (Germany Patent: 1668280)
Dihydromyrcenol has become a kind of important flavoring and fragrance ingredient. It is also widely used in daily chemical fragrance formulation, especially used in the soap manufacturing.
Soviet spice experts had been researched the flavor quality in mixtures of Dihydromyrcenol and Myrcenyl Acetate. Results of study shown that, when the contents of Myrcenyl acetate above 10%, Dihydromyrcenol had the best flavor quality. Today, Dihydromyrcenol is widely used in flavor of daily chemicals, especially soaps, the contents can be up to 20%.
APPLICATIONS & USES
1. Raw material of citrus and lime-type perfumes
2. Flavor of daily chemicals, especially soaps
3. Raw material for synthesis Citronellol
|LD50 oral, rat||3.6g/kg min|
|LD50 dermal, rabbit||5g/kg min|
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 165kg net each
- do not store in close proximity to excessive heat, open flames, strong acids or strong bases.Store in cool place
- keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.