Products & Informations
P-Methoxybenzaldehyde is naturally found in anise oil. It appears colorless liquid with the odor of hawthorn flower.
P-Methoxybenzaldehyde can be prepared by the oxidation of anesol, sommelet reaction of anisole, and the methylation P-hydroxybenzaldehyde, etc.
It is widely used in the preparation of fragrance.
APPLICATIONS & USES
1. used as a fragrance ingredient
2. used as a flavoring agent
3. used as a triplet sensitizer to catalyze the photochemical intermolecular atom-transfer radical addition (ATRA) of haloalkanes onto olefins
4. used as a stain for detecting non UV-active substances using thin layer chromatography (TLC)
5. used in pharmaceutical
6. used as intermediate in organic synthesis
Soluble in ethanol, ether, acetone, chloroform, etc., soluble in benzene, insoluble in water. It can volatilize with water vapor.
Packing in 200kg/steel drum