Products & Informations
Terpineol is naturally found in pine oil, lavender oil, orange leaf oil, neroli oil and other plant oils. α-terpineol, β-terpineol, γ-terpineol, and terpinen-4-ol are four isomers of terpineol. α-terpineol is the major component.
Terpineol is a viscous liquid with pine like and clove like odor, but is easy to crystallize.
There are two methods for preparing terpineol. The two-step preparation process is to use α-pinene as raw material to produce terpineol through hydration under acidic conditions. The one-step method is to directly prepare terpineol by hydration reaction.
Terpineol is widely used in fragrance formulation, especially in soaps and synthetic detergents.
85% Terpineol has high purity can kill germs and is used as a disinfectant in cleaning formulas. Click to learn about cleaning solution.
APPLICATIONS & USES
1. used for synthesize Terpinyl formate and Terpineyl acetate. The derivatives of terpineol are widely used in fragrance preparation.
2. used as raw material to prepare menthane-8-ol and unsaturated terpene mixtures
3. used as a solvent for color on glassware
4. used in agrochemicals, such as insecticide synergists
5. used as a tackifier monomer
6. used as a tobacco filler additive, the solution sprayed on the tobacco to increase the aroma and sweetness of the lilac, and improve the natural permeation of the smoke
7. used as electronic paste
8. used as a thermoplastic conductive silver peptizer
|LD50 oral, rat||4.3g/kg min|
|LD50 dermal, rabbit||3g/kg min|
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 150kg, 80/120 drums per 20’FCL
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 180kg, 80/120 drums per 20’FCL
- keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place
- store in cool place
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.